Saturday, November 03, 2012

Zetsuen no Tempest - Episode 4


Yoshino is not amused.

I wouldn't call this a bad episode, but it definitely wasn't a good one either. The pacing has seemingly slowed down the speed of flowing molasses, which I honestly didn't expect given that the synopsis hinted at a possible fast-paced story in which the protagonists try to stop a mage from essentially taking over the world. Throw in the random male fanservice in this episode and you get a dissatisfied viewer in me. That said, it was nice to see the story behind Mahiro and Yoshino's relationship and how they got to know each other. And while they don't outwardly claim that they're friends, deep down inside, both realize that they were only able to make it this far because of the other. Like Hakaze said, two individuals with such contrasting personalities generally don't get along well with each other. But in the case of our two main characters, I think their differences are what enables them to get along as a dynamic duo.

Luckily for me, the next episode appears to feature the introductions of two new characters—one seemingly on the protagonists' side and the other looking like he's one of Samon's men. The action looks to return as well, with explosions and magic fights taking center stage. I had some thoughts about dropping this show after this episode, but I will probably wait and see what the next couple of episodes have to offer before making my decision.

0 comments:

Post a Comment