Saturday, November 03, 2012

Jormungand - Episode 16


That mouth :3

Lots of unnecessary flashbacks in my opinion, but overall, this episode was a nice build-up to the upcoming action in this new arc, in which the antagonists appear to be a possibly insane (well that goes for just about anyone in this show) girl with the ":3" face and her subordinates. After what happened with R, I guess having one episode to slow down the pace and let his death sink in was a good idea. On top of that, the majority of the episode had a positive feel to it, so all the negativity and positivity end up balancing out.

It was particularly heartwarming when Jonah finally got to see his old friends. To be honest, I had, at one point, hoped that they were dead so that drama would arise between him and Kasper. But now that I think about it, a situation like that would fit more as a series climax instead. However, I'm not saying that I actually do want the kids to die; just a random thought about the benefits to the storyline if it did happen. Speaking of Jonah and Kasper, I sensed a hint of foreshadowing when Kasper told Jonah to join him if he ever decides to stop working for Koko. Now although Jonah responded with a curt "Hell will sooner freeze over.", something tells me this might actually end up happening. It'd definitely be a plot twist that many won't expect, but the consequences of such an event have yet to be seen. What we do know is that, without Jonah, Koko is totally and dangerously unpredictable. Another finale-worthy situation? Regardless of what happens, I hope Jormungand continues to entertain.

0 comments:

Post a Comment