Friday, April 20, 2012

Sankarea - Episode 3


Okaeri, Babu-chan~

Was this episode rage-inducing? Yes, and very much so. Although it was bound to happen sooner or later, I wasn't prepared for Rea's death. Even as it happened, I had a sliver of hope for her fall to be softened by the hydrangea plants below. Failing that, an injury requiring a visit to the hospital wouldn't have been so bad either. Out of all the possible things that could have happened, her body ends up getting torn up by what looked like a sharp rock or tree branch sticking out of the edge of the cliff. That itself made me wince. What's more, her wounds were censored so I'm starting to shiver at the thought of what it might have looked like (BDs should be the answer to that).

After getting over her "death" (at least she comes back to life, even though she's not "human" anymore), I would now like to direct my rage at the old man. Seriously, this guy gets creepier and creepier each episode. After physically abusing his daughter and taking away her freedom in a fit of rage, he suddenly goes back to his normal (and disgusting) self in the morning, perverted aura included. It's unfortunate that Rea's mother could care less about what happens to her own daughter. Having to live in such a family while exhibiting a forced sense of joy makes me wonder how she managed to survive this long without actually attempting suicide (excluding the elixir incident).

On the bright side, Babu is the cutest zombie cat I've ever seen. The whole chase through the town was really amusing given that Babu didn't really seem like he paid any attention to either Chihiro or Ranko but easily escaped their grasps. Looking at the latter half of the OP, it can be seen the Babu is about five times his normal size. Because of this, I wonder if it'll actually happen in the anime and what will be the cause of it. I assume the elixir has something to do with it.

As for the preview, I'm looking forward to interaction between Chihiro and Zombie Rea. I just hope that Rea keeps her cheerful personality, despite being a zombie, since that is partially what drew me to her character in the first place. Now that Chihiro's wish (to be able to meet with a beautiful zombie girl) has been fulfilled, I'm expecting him to be making some moves soon. I wish him all the best. I can't wait for the next episode!

0 comments:

Post a Comment