Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Jormungand - Episode 2


If only he pulled the trigger...

I'll be honest here, there were times where I had to stop for a bit in order to process the information thrown at me. Either I'm just slow, or the episode was just really fast-paced. Generally, I am able to keep up with complex dialogue. However, the military weapon names and terminology really sent me for a loop. I had trouble pairing names like "Mi-24V, Hind E" with their respective objects. Nonetheless, I still enjoyed this episode. It was once again able to entertain me with the action and Koko's brilliant strategic planning.

Focusing more on the characters now, there was a bunch more introduced in this episode - more than half of which didn't really impress me enough to make me remember their name. The one new character who stood out above the rest was Mildred (although that's not that big of a deal considering how most of them probably only appear in this episode). She seemed like she was bipolar; one moment she's acting all cheerful and, in a quick flash, she goes all insane and starts looking bloodthirsty. I thought she was extremely creepy and hope that she (and the rest of the CCAT) doesn't come back.

Also, regarding Jonah... he actually laughed in this episode. Yes, the seemingly emotionless child killing machine finally showed a sign of happiness, thanks in large part to Koko's unique leadership. I have a feeling that the character development for Jonah is just getting started and that he'll eventually grow to value Koko and her crew, despite them being arms dealers. I'll be waiting for that moment.

Although the preview is vague, I'm expecting the next episode to be good. There seems to be a decent amount of action coming up. But, more importantly, Jonah is seen to be leading Koko somewhere by hand, possibly showing that he's opening up even more to her; to the point where physical contact is acceptable. Lastly, I'm glad that the "Her name is Koko. She is loco. I say 'Oh, no!'" song is still used for the preview. Loving every single second of it and I hope the OST comes out soon so I can get the full version of the song.

0 comments:

Post a Comment