Friday, June 08, 2012

Jormungand - Episode 9


Jonah, stop hacking.

To be honest, the majority of the first half was quite disappointing. First, there was that random comedy/fanservice swimming in the ocean scene which I found to be an utter waste of time. In fact, I can't get the image of Valmet's disgustingly ripped abs out of my head. Secondly, even though Mao's backstory was kind of interesting, I felt it dragged on for a bit too long. It is only after Koko and co. landed in the airport and came face to face with the Dragon that the episode started getting interesting. The clever dialogue used by Koko to subtly hint that she refused to have the cargo (i.e. the smuggled persons) checked really got me smiling, especially when it rendered the opposing party speechless. But as much as I love those conversations, the firefight that broke out at the end is what I'm looking forward to the most in the next episode.

As for the ODH crew, Maggie seems to be the only one that can possibly make an impact on the story given that her conversation with Jonah was actually shown. I'm pretty sure the others also conversed with the HCLI members too but weren't insignificant enough to warrant any screentime. And while on the topic of the ODH, I found it amusing how they are actually co-operating with the HCLI since the two teams' goals are completely opposite. I never would've thought a group of arms dealers and a group of medical staff could peacefully be in the same place together.

For once, the short preview actually gave a small glimpse of what is to come. It's obvious that the firefight didn't end with the HCLI eliminating all the members of the Balkan Dragon militia. In fact, instead of being on the offensive, Koko and co. look to be evading conflict. I expect HCLI's leader to once again be able to outsmart her hotheaded opponent. And assuming Part 2 of Dragon Shooter is the conclusion, this leaves room for one more arc before the end of the season. Good thing there's still a season two.

0 comments:

Post a Comment