Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia - Episode 8


Colours are similar to the ones used in the OP.

Even if the manga is supposedly better than the anime, I think there are some things that black-and-white, still pictures can't convey as well as coloured animation. The colours used in the art near the end were extraordinary, like always, and the background music created a good sense of tension throughout. The sheer amount of emotions took me by surprise, and gently pulled on my heart strings a bit as well. While the whole confession and memory-regaining scene was cliché, it was still heartwarming to see, especially after how hard it was to watch Teiichi start to seemingly forget his time spent with Yūko and, instead, get closer to Momoe.

For the majority of the episode, I was conflicted as to whether I should criticize Teiichi for his actions or not. On one hand, I understand that it's perfectly normal for one to get close to someone whom they spend a lot of their time with. However, given how Yūko had made such an impact on his life, I find it disappointing that Teiichi would give up and move on just like that because Yūko told him to talk to/touch her again. I believe my feelings were similar to that of Kirie's (aside from her crush on Teiichi), in the sense that we were both frustrated with how Teiichi was behaving. It's a good thing that everything went back to normal in the end.

But despite the happy ending, the problem with Shadow Yūko still exists. Now that Yūko has regained her memories (or so it seems), what happens to the memories that were pushed onto Shadow Yūko just a while ago? Does she keep them, or are they transferred back to Yūko? For the former case, I feel that it'll cause problems now that both of them love Teiichi, creating a sort of weird love triangle. Either way, the ultimate goal now is to eliminate Shadow Yūko once and for all. Can this be done in the remaining four episodes?

0 comments:

Post a Comment