Thursday, January 26, 2012

Amagami SS+ - Episode 4


おめでとう, Rihoko!

You know, I don't really understand why I like Amagami SS so much. The main character is so idiotic, the situations are so cliché and the dialogue is extremely lame at times. Still, I can't get that stupid grin off my face while watching the episodes. Despite it being one of my least-preferred arcs, I still managed to enjoy it a fair bit. What surprised me the most was how predictable it was as my review on Episode 3 included a few correct guesses on what would happen in this episode.

First off, it seems like Junichi didn't hear Rihoko tell that overly-aggressive guy who she likes. However, things weren't going that well at the Tachibana residence, resulting in short "I can't gather enough courage to confess so I'll say something lame instead" conversation. After the dinner was when things started getting interesting. Little by little, my predictions more or less came true.

"Unless Miya is somehow removed from the picture (e.g. she goes to hang out with Sae and Ai)..."
At first, I thought this prediction was spot-on when I saw that Sae was the one calling Miya. However, it turns out that their plans were for tomorrow so Miya would still be in the house. Still, at least I was half-right.

"...barring any coincidental "accidents" that results in the two of them ending up in an awkward position."
The good 'ol slip and fall goes to work again, with fireworks causing it this time around. If it weren't for this, I think Rihoko would've been friendzoned again as Junichi had just stated that he would like things to remain the way they are.

"...and maybe a bath scene."
Well, it only consisted of Rihoko and convenient steam. Nonetheless, it was still a bath scene.

Now with the Rihoko arc finished, Nanasaki Ai is up next. I'm really looking forward to the next two episodes, given Ai is my favorite Amagami girl, alongside Haruka. Lots of swimsuit shots are to be expected, and hopefully a good "after story", too. Next week couldn't come any faster.

0 comments:

Post a Comment