Friday, September 28, 2012

Shin Sekai Yori - Preview


Note: My season picks will be posted at the start of the new quarter (i.e. October 1st). Right now, I'll say that the season looks promising with a lot of shows that I'm planning to watch.

For me, a little dose of sci-fi is always welcome each season. Whether it's a thrilling show that will keep me at the edge of my seat or a comedy that will keep me laughing, it's interesting to see what storywriters can create when it comes to ideas regarding a world state that has yet to arrive. As for Shin Sekai Yori, the first thing the synopsis tells me is that this might be a very psychologically-focused anime, simply because psychics appear to be an important part of the story. Also, SSY seems like it will be yet another "post-humanity" story so let's see if it will be able to distinguish itself from the others of its type.

Looking at the cast of characters, romance may also come into play during the series, which will definitely be a plus for me. Given that it's planned to be 25 episodes, character (and relationship) development should be able to progress at a decent and non-rushed pace. The designs of the characters look quite nice too.

As the first series that's airing in the Fall 2012 season, I hope that Shin Sekai Yori will provide a rough idea of the upcoming season's quality.

0 comments:

Post a Comment