Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Accel World - Episode 22


I don't know whether to laugh or back away in fear...

So it turns out that Rust Jigsaw (thankfully) had no relation to Nōmi, but instead, helped Haruyuki figure out what Nōmi had been doing all along to keep his name off the matching list. But first, regarding the fight against Rust Jigsaw, I felt that it was underwhelming, given that Rust Jigsaw was hyped-up to be a strong opponent. Even though it was 2v1, I still expected him to put up more of a fight. However, his only purpose (as of now) is to be a plot device, so I guess it doesn't really matter in the end. Oh, and the reference to Sword Art Online's Nerve Gear was nice.

With the third and final battle between Haruyuki/Taku and Nōmi quickly approaching, it's about time Haruyuki started to stand his ground. In fact, seeing him break Nōmi's composure for a moment was both a surprise and a delight. The continued shaping of Nōmi as this sickening and detestable character will definitely result in enjoyment for viewers when they see him inevitably get crushed by the protagonists. And although Nōmi had already had his fair share of haters at the beginning, I feel that Chiyu is slowly accumulating her own group as well, after her not-so-appropriate actions in this episode. However, because of this, I think I'm starting to understand why she teamed up with Nōmi; she doesn't realize how Brain Burst is not just a game, and as a result, believes she can strive for the best in both worlds while keeping her relationships in the two separate. Either that, or Nōmi has brainwashed her into agreeing with his ideals. Personally, I'm not sure which of the two I'd prefer.

Although Haruyuki and Taku are adamant in finishing Nōmi off before Kuroyukihime returns, realistically speaking, I don't think that'd be possible. Against an aviating duel avatar with a healer to support him, Nōmi is nearly unstoppable. In fact, even with Kuroyukihime, I still think Nega Nebulous will have a tough time taking down the duo of Dusk Taker and Lime Bell. Maybe if they gather the help of the other kings, they'll be able to pull it off. Obviously, the best case scenario would be that none of this is actually necessary. Come on Haruyuki, prove to me you're not just a fat, useless pig.

0 comments:

Post a Comment