Monday, June 25, 2012

Sankarea - Episode 11


She's not just any regular zombie. She's a nurse zombie.

After a one-week hiatus, Sankarea returns and picks up right where it left off two weeks ago with Danichirō challenging Chihiro to a fencing match. To be honest, my impression of the old man has improved slightly (emphasis on "slightly") thanks to his actions in this episode. It's obvious he's still obsessed with "protecting" (or that's what he thinks he's doing) Rea, but at least he was willing to entrust her to someone else, even if it's only for a short while. I think this change was due to the fact that Chihiro was the first person to actually have the guts to confront him. Personally, I don't think I'd be able to muster the courage to poke fun at an aristocrat who has proven that he has the power to control people's life, just like he did with the family of Rea's former friend, so I applaud Chihiro for his bravery.

In the end, things worked out as expected. Rea finally dealt with her father, Chihiro didn't die after getting pierced by a fencing sword, and the drama between Ranko and Rea looks to begin real soon. Luckily for Chihiro x Rea supporters, they have the biggest advantage because of Chihiro's "zombie-only" preference. Necrophilia aside, there's really no reason to disapprove of this pairing; the two look so great together. But at the same time, I slightly feel sorry for Ranko as she's been in love with Chihiro ever since they were children. Incest aside, the two of them are also make a nice couple. Personally, I was a supporter of the former pairing since the first episode, and still am, so I hope Rea ends up being able to continue living in her current state.

Looking at the title for the next episode, it's possibly a flashback episode. Also, it may be about an important decision that had to be made (hence the, "At That Moment...") and how the narrator (Chihiro, presumably) is reflecting on their choice. As the conclusion nears, I'm curious to see how the series is going to end. I had thought that the resolution of the issues between Rea and her father would be shown in the last episode but I guess I was wrong. Maybe it'll be when Chihiro finally chooses between Rea and Ranko. One thing I do hope for is a non-cliffhanger ending.

0 comments:

Post a Comment