Monday, May 21, 2012

Sankarea - Episode 7


So cute~ <3

Although this was a pure Chihiro x Ranko episode, I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. The two have such a cute past together that it just makes you want to support them. Not to mention their current interactions make them look like a perfect couple, as Ranko's mother puts it. Hypothetically speaking, if Rea wasn't part of this anime (not that I want it to happen, that is), I'd definitely be supporting this pairing. It's unfortunate how Chihiro's only interested in zombies, though. With his current luck with girls, he might even be able to form his own harem of Sanka Academy girls right now. It's no wonder Yasutaka is so jealous; I don't blame the guy.

As it turns out, the two childhood friends met at a cemetery of all places. What's also interesting is how different Chihiro was back when he was still a child. Instead of the "I don't care about anything other than zombies" Chihiro we know now, little Chihiro was actually very sensitive to what others said about him and a crybaby. It just goes to show how much people can change over the years. Even Ranko, who used to be terrified of zombie movies, watches them from time to time now, probably only because her crush likes them, though. Speaking of zombie movies, the Engrish used in them was amusing to listen to, like almost all Japanese Engrish is. I'm still surprised at how Chihiro managed to understand it even back when he was only five. What a smart kid...

And with Chihiro still oblivious to Ranko's feelings for him, the battle for his heart rages on. While Ranko is aware of her feelings, I still don't think Rea has come to terms with hers yet. Even so, I think she does like him, given that her subconscious desires made her kiss him in Episode 5, only to be interrupted by Ranko. Even after this episode, I remain a Chihiro x Rea supporter. I mean, after all they went through recently, how can anyone not see that they're the perfect couple; zombie-lover and zombie, together in harmony. I let it slide this time, but there better be lots of Rea in the next episode (or better yet, Chihiro x Rea scenes) or else I'll be one unhappy viewer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment