Sunday, April 29, 2012

AKB0048 - Preview


Blogger's Note: I'm editing this for EveTaku so be sure to come check out our subs!

AKB0048 is the last show of the season, and also my most anticipated. After being blown away by how good THE iDOL@MSTER was, it was difficult to find something to fill the big void that it left. Luckily, the announcement of AKB came along and I was overjoyed. What I expect from this series is music, and lots of it, given that the insert songs used will most likely be already-released AKB48 songs. Currently, I have zero knowledge about anything AKB-related, but I'm sure that, once the series reaches its conclusion, I'll know a lot more about the idol group that is arguably the most popular in Japan. Music aside, the premise of the plot also seems interesting. It's different from shows like K-ON! and iM@S in the sense that plot is seemingly solid and distinguishable (although that doesn't mean "no/weak plot" is bad; I gave both K-ON! and iM@S a 10/10). Whether it ends up being like the other two is left to be seen. Even though a show of this genre won't be well-accepted within the general anime community, I will definitely be sticking with it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment