Friday, April 06, 2012

Accel World - Preview


For the first time ever, the protagonist of a show I plan to watch is a short fat kid who is most likely an outcast of society. Amusingly enough, I think I'll be able to relate to him as I was more or less like that (not as lame, or fat, as him, though) a few years back. Anyways, Accel World (shortened to AW) is one of the more hyped-up shows of the season. It looks like it'll be filled with shōnen-type battle scenes with the story set some time in the future. The presence of a potential "character of the season candidate" in Kuroyukihime will undoubtedly draw in some viewers (similar to Sanka Rea from Sankarea). For me, the premise of virtual reality is what drew me in. After the huge disappointment that was Guilty Crown two seasons ago (a series which was also slated to be one of the best of its season), let's just hope AW does not meet a similar fate.

0 comments:

Post a Comment