Friday, March 30, 2012

Amagami SS+ - Episode 13


Junichi's finally turned over a new leaf!

Last week's episode could've technically been the finale so I'm not sure why the producers decided to throw in a random "Episode 13". As a fanservice episode, nothing significant happened. It was just all the female characters coincidentally running into each other at a large bathhouse containing a large variety of baths and how they go on to interact with each other. While I do admit I enjoyed the episode, it was far from necessary. I guess Amagami SS+ ended up giving in to the pressure of needing an obligatory beach/onsen episode.

While the whole point of the episode was to satisfy the male gaze, I partly took it as a lesson in Japanese culture. Seeing the different types of baths that frequent Japanese bathhouses was quite the educational experience. But other than that, the episode consisted of breast size jokes and girls in bath towels being moe. It's not particularly my cup of tea, but at least I got to see the characters one last time.

I think this is a good point to end the series at. Squeezing out a third season would probably be detrimental to the series itself as I doubt it'll be as successful as the first and second season due to lack of fresh material. It's been a good ride and I really enjoyed the two seasons. I will miss Amagami SS greatly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment