Friday, July 22, 2011

THE iDOLM@STER - Episode 3

Yukiho, ganbare!
Episode Rating: ★ ★ ★  ☆ (3/5)

A Yukiho-centered episode. Her character type isn't really one that I like so this episode, for me, was not as good as the last two. But considering the way this episode went, I'm hoping each of the idols get their own episode, so to speak. As for the next episode, I have a feeling that it's going to be Takane-centered which is most likely going to be another "meh" for me. Three episodes in and no real performances (the ones with lights, dancing and blaring music) is slightly disappointing though the new insert songs and EDs keep things fresh. I will definitely continue watching THE iDOLM@STER.

Let's take a look at Yukiho's two phobias that were shown in this episode.

Androphobia - The fear of men
"People who have this fear may fear men in general or some particular characteristics of a man. The origin of the word andro is Greek (meaning man, men or male) and phobia is Greek (meaning fear). Androphobia is considered to be a specific phobia. Androphobia is also known as Arrhenphobia."

After reading this, my guess is that she went through some traumatic event that involved men when she was a child. If I were to narrow my guess down, I would say that it had something to do with her father since that is the male figure with whom she spends most of her time with (she didn't mention having a brother). Though it's also possible that excessive bullying from male peers caused her to have androphobia.

Cynophobia - The fear of dogs or rabies
"The origin of the word is derived from the Greek “kyno” (meaning dog) and phobia (meaning fear). Cynophobia is considered to be a specific phobia. Cynophobia is also linked to Hydrophobophobia (fear of rabies), Hydrophobia (fear of water or of rabies), Kynophobia (fear of rabies), and Cynophobia (fear of rabies or of becoming mad)."

Just like the producer, I think Yukiho was bitten by a dog sometime in her childhood. To me, I find this fear more common than androphobia. While avoiding dogs your whole life is possible, avoiding people, males included, is extremely hard. It's difficult for me to not pity Yukiho because of her current situation but I'm glad she managed to overcome it just a bit, even if it was only for that night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment