Saturday, January 07, 2012

Nisemonogatari - Preview


Nisemonogatari, the sequel to the highly acclaimed Bakemonogatari, is arguably the most anticipated series of the season for many viewers. Personally though, I feel that Bakemonogatari was overrated so I'm not too sure if I'll enjoy Nisemonogatari. Furthermore, with UTW announcing their decision to not sub the TV release of Nisemonogatari, the lack of a good fansub for this show will make it difficult for non-Japanese-speaking viewers to truly enjoy the experience (assuming that there are tons of signs to typeset like in Bakemonogatari). Truthfully, the only reason I considered watching Nisemonogatari is because of the ryo x ClariS ED that was being advertised a while ago. Sure, it's pretty simple-minded of me to pick an anime based on just the ED, but as past experiences have taught me (irony for OreImo, Connect for Madoka), an anime that has ClariS singing the OP (the ED in this case) will most likely be good. Additionally, ryo from supercell has constantly composed great musical pieces. But above all else, I don't like leaving a series incomplete after I start watching it (i.e. all sequels/prequels) so I'll probably watch Nisemonogatari to the end.

0 comments:

Post a Comment