Friday, January 13, 2012

Kill Me Baby - Episode 2


Forever alone... in a garbage bin

All right, this episode was better than the first one. However, that isn't saying much since the first episode was quite disappointing. This episode got me to laugh a bit here and there but overall, I felt bored. There were some things which I knew were supposed to be comedic, although they didn't hit home for me. After two episodes, I can say that the chances of me dropping this show on the blog are quite high. It's hard to review the show each and every week if nothing important or noteworthy happens in each episode. The chances of me dropping this show entirely are also there, but just not as high. I'll give this another episode or two and see how things go.

For this episode, I appreciated the fact that the "assassin" part of Sonya was being shown a bit more (i.e. her usage of nunchucks and throwing knives), but was disappointed at how she's still such a dull character. Once again, I thought Agiri was the star of the show with her comedic "ninja techniques" and advertising scams. She's still my favorite character thus far and judging from the OP, her only possible competition would be that red-haired girl who has yet to show up.

Aside from Aigiri, what saved this episode from being totally lame and boring was definitely that orange-haired girl. Her troll-like actions and expressions won the episode and it's sad that she's most likely just a supporting character who won't show up again. More interesting characters like her would definitely improve my impression of this show.

Overall, I think Kill Me Baby is a hit-or-miss show. After reading some comments on different online forums, I can conclude that most people either love it and are laughing throughout each episode or hate it and are considering dropping it; there are very few in between. Assuming this show has the lowest budget of all the J.C. Staff shows this season, I'm not surprised at the general negativity Kill Me Baby has received.

0 comments:

Post a Comment