Monday, January 16, 2012

Inu x Boku SS - Episode 1


Ririchiyo-sama~

Having read some of the manga before watching this, I can't say I was surprised by the story in any way. But if I were to review the story based on my first experiences with it from the manga, I would say that the premise is interesting enough for me to continue with the series. Aside from the introduction of the plot, I really liked how the animation brought the characters to life and how it gave off those nostalgic shōjo vibes. The chibi versions of the characters added a nice touch of comedy to this series, wrapping up the solid animation quality of this episode.

The all-star cast of seiyūs didn't disappoint either as familiar voices were heard throughout, with the most obvious one being Hanazawa Kana's (Karuta). Knowing this, I doubt I'll have any issues with the voice acting in this series. The characters were also faithfully adapted and they were exactly how I imagined their animated versions to be. I especially love Ririchiyo as I find her character design to be cute and her personality to be a good mix of tsun and dere. Something tells me she's going to be one of the most popular female characters this season (the later chapters in the manga add to her level of moe.

Only the ED (which is supposed to be the OP) was used in this episode. It reminded me of the Kaichou wa Maid-sama (a shōjo anime) EDs which were both J-Rock. After listening to it for the first time, I'd say it's decent, but definitely far from being the best song of the season. However, I'm expecting it to grow on me after a while since it'll be used for the rest of the episodes.

As a manga reader, I really can't wait for the other characters to show up. For those who think the show is not funny yet, I advise you wait for the future episodes where the amount of comedy gets increased a lot. Overall, the anime seems to be following the manga quite closely as I think only a few scenes in the manga were skipped/changed slightly in the anime. Looking forward to more!

0 comments:

Post a Comment